Thursday, May 15, 2014

What's For Dinner?

It's Thursday, which means weekly menu planning. =)

Nothing brings a family together like meal times. It's a great place to wind down and enjoy the company of the people you care about most. As a kid growing up, meal time was most often a time of laughter. The food wasn't always gourmet {after all, there were 8 of us kids to feed}, but it was a place to remember the provision of our Lord and the kindness and love of others.

Recipe Highlight: Southwest Salad



I've posted my plan for this week to let others reap the rewards of my labor =D

Just as an FYI: We eat a lot of chicken. Feel free to substitute the proteins with your own preferences.

The only recipes that I have linked are the ones that I've tested several times and found to be excellent. If it doesn't have a link, it means I'm experimenting =)

Experimenting. That word has lost its power to terrify my husband as he now trusts me {mostly} in the kitchen after feeding him good food for a few years. However, that all changes if I start calling out "oops" in a specific tone of voice ;-)

Happy Cooking




Menu Plan


5/15/14 — 5/22/14

Thursday:            Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese
Friday:                Asian Salad w/Grilled Chicken
Saturday:            BLT with Avocado (Lunch) Baked Lemon/Herb Chicken w/ Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes and Sautéed Green Beans w/Tomatoes (Dinner)
Sunday:               Leftovers (Lunch) Indian Chicken Curry (Dinner)
Monday:              Baked Teriyaki Chicken w/Sautéed Veg
Tuesday:              Chicken Casserole
Wednesday:        Clean out Fridge/Leftover Day
Thursday:           Mushroom Risotto and Pan-Seared Chicken

Can you tell that we like the Food Network around here? =D


2 comments:

  1. I can only imagine that the salad with cheese on it was eaten by Mark? ;) LOL. I'm glad you are posting weekly meal plan! It will help me help organize and plan meals, so that are not eating the same things every week! You also inspired me to start blogging again! Love you guys and can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes. Mark's salad is the one with cheese =)

      Delete